Each year, COOLinary New Orleans offers up generous two- and three-course meals for unbeatable prix fixe prices all over the city.
Whether you choose a three-course lunch option (for $20 or less) or a three-course brunch or dinner option (for $39), you can enjoy some of New Orleans’ most beloved restaurants for a small fraction of the normal price. You can find the whole list of restaurants here, but if you need help on where to start, we’ve collected a few must-try classics for your COOLinary itinerary:
- Criollo: This Creole-fusion restaurant is the on-site dining offered at our sister property, Hotel Monteleone. And there’s no better option for your lunchtime plans – unlike many COOLinary lunch offerings, Criollo let’s you choose three delicious courses for the same great price of $20. Start off with an appetizer, move on to a Gulf fresh entree, and be sure to leave room for dessert. Their Mile High Pie is heavenly.
- Commander’s Palace: No COOLinary experience is complete without a visit to this New Orleans culinary landmark. Commander’s Palace is one of the finest dining experiences in the world. And we’ll let you in on a local secret: on the weekdays, martinis at lunch are just 25 cents with the purchase of an entree. They’ll stop you after 3, but that’s a great deal for less than $1!
- Johnny Sanchez: Traditional Mexican cooking and New Orleans hospitality are what Johnny Sanchez does best. This authentic taqueria in the Central Business District is run by two old friends who happen to be world-class chefs. Stop in and try their lunch special, the Achiote Glazed Snapper, for an inspiring COOLinary treat.
- Vacherie: This French Quarter gem knows the meaning of Southern cuisine. Inspired by the small town of Vacherie, its menu and antebellum atmosphere are full of rural Louisiana charm. You can’t go wrong with the Fried Catfish topped with shrimp étouffée, an unique take on two traditional plates.
- The Pelican Club: Just a few blocks away from Bienville House Hotel, The Pelican Club is a French Quarter treasure. Fashioned from a handsome, 19th-century French Quarter townhouse, the restaurant has seafood, BBQ, and decadent sweets to satisfy every craving.
- Silk Road: Nestled in the charming Marigny neighborhood, Silk Road blends Indian cuisine with Creole traditions. Their COOLinary dinner menu offers plenty of options for veggie lovers and carnivores alike – and we’re dying to try the White Chocolate Mango Cheesecake.
- Antoine’s Restaurant: Antoine’s is the perfect embodiment of New Orleans’ culinary traditions. It’s been in the same family for generations and wrote the book on many of the city’s favorite dishes. Get a taste for Louisiana’s French and Creole roots with a brunchtime COOLinary visit.
- Little Gem Saloon: What was once the jazz corner of New Orleans is now a fully restored, and the Little Gem Saloon’s Sunday jazz brunch is a meal and live music show that you won’t want to miss.
- Muriel’s Jackson Square: For a historic meal, Muriel’s is a must. Find classic New Orleans cuisine in a building as old as the city itself, right next to St. Louis Cathedral. Try the gumbo for starters, then move on to Shrimp Cakes and Eggs and pain perdu bread pudding for dessert.
Visit New Orleans for COOLinary Restaurant Month
August is the perfect time to save big on your unforgettable trip to New Orleans. COOLinary offers extraordinary savings on dining experiences all over town, and you can still take advantage of our special summer hotel rates at Bienville House Hotel.
It’s not too late for a last-minute summer getaway. Book your room at Bienville House today!